The Wisconsin Injured Law Enforcement Officers Resource Council (WILEORC) was founded to assist in the support of injured law enforcement officers in Wisconsin through peer support, referrals for medical, financial, legal and counseling services, donations to assist with officer expenses all made possible through community fundraising events.
Annually, WILEORC offers the opportunity for high school seniors in Wisconsin to apply for a $1,000 scholarship. Applications accepted online. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2022. Scholarship applications are reviewed and awarded by the WILEORC Executive Board and recipients will be notified no later than June 30, 2022. To apply please click here and fill out the form.
Interested high school seniors should meet the following criteria:
- Dependent of a Wisconsin Law Enforcement Officer who was disabled in the line of duty
- Be planning to further their education in any field
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Submit a Letter from the disabled officer’s department regarding the incident/injury causing the disability
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation
Scholarships will be awarded in two parts – $500 for each semester. Scholarship recipients will be asked to provide a copy of their first semester transcript as well as their second semester schedule to receive the second part of the award. There are ten (10) scholarships available.
For more information or questions, please reach out to [email protected].